Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Secret to Enjoying a Hollywood Movie

Go infrequently.

I haven't been to a movie in many weeks and I really needed to sit in a dark theatre.
So Adam, my Recognized-by-the-State-of-California-Domestic-Partner, and I went and sat through The Omen.

It was not great. But it was fun. And if you do something that's fun that you don't do that frequently, it seems like a real lot of fun. They say, the road to enjoying something is to do it infrequently. The French know this. They just love their monthly baths.

The Omen was shot beautifully. The acting was serviceable. The camp factor was huge. The overblown rain was silly after a while. But I loved all the hounds of hell and 666 stuff going on. The adrenalin rush, you know.

Also, and this is true, I happen to live next door to the son of Lee Remmick, the actress who played the mother in the original movie. Could I be living next door to Satan?

2 comments:

Dan said...

Go to Hollywood movies even less frequently and you'll enjoy them even more.

For me, seeing a shot-for-shot remake of the Omen is like listening to a Beatlemania album.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

666 is my lucky number.